Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 50: Bringing P90X to NYC

This past weekend seven of my friends and I went down to NYC. What a great weekend it was to relax and enjoy the sun. After work on Friday, we all met up at Pete and Kevin's place to depart to my house in NJ. Pete who also recently decided to start P90X suggested I do my exercise in HAN's Gym (their basement named after Kevin Han) before we left since it would be late by the time we arrived in NJ. As the guys went out for a bite to eat, I started my workout in the basement. It was a nice and spacious place where there was a projector to view the DVD. Quite different from my routine hole in the wall narrow space I am used to working out when traveling afar.



After 5 minutes into warm ups, Mike who is the infamous "lock" dancer decides to work out with me. He was surprisingly able to keep up for a while. I was happy that at least he tried. The two others who worked out with me during Easter weekend were my mother who lasted 5 minutes and my brother about 20 minutes. It is always great to see their efforts which always motivates and inspires me to work even harder.



So we finally arrived in NJ around midnight as I arrived with a bouquet of flowers for my wife. She was happy with the pleasant gift and card. Some of my friends were meeting Ami for the first time. After a few hours of rambling we all hit the sack and retired for the night.



Saturday morning we all awoke and had breakfast. Mike comes up to me and tells me he wants to give P90x another try. This time he said he was mentally prepared. We decided we would workout in the living room and put in the DVD. It was Kenpo X DVD and I am proud to say that Mike kept up with me the whole 60 minutes from warm up to cool down! I was very impressed by his determination and willingness to try again. It just goes to show you that if you put your mind to something you can achieve greatness.

See Video of Mike and I workout (taken by our very own Mr. Nichols) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABJr88fxsfE



We finally drove into NYC! We initially headed to Time Square and purchased tickets at TKTS for Phantom of the Opera and Chicago. Since we had time to kill before the show we went to Chinatown and ate at Joe's Shanghai. We had Kevin demonstrate once gain the "Double Han" (Video coming soon) After a an incredible dinner we went to Wall street taking some hilarious pictures. I will tell you some of my friends have creative minds when it comes to taking pictures at the rear of a statue of a bull. Well after a night out and a Broadway show we came back to NJ staying up a few more hours playing cards.



We all awoke Sunday morning pretty late. We connected our laptop to the TV and watched live stream at 10:45 am to www.mcleanbible.org/internetcampus to listen to a sermon given by Pastor Lon Solomon. It was a great message that spoke to all us.

It was soon approaching lunch time and what better way to end the weekend but to drive into Philly to get Pat's and Geno's steaks. It was special for a few who came into Philly for the first time and especially for Pete who went all out by ordering steak and cheese fries before he was to start his P90x program the next day. It was his last feast before he started on his 90 day nutrition plan. I remember my "last meal" being at Maggiono's the day before I started P90X.

This journey thus far has been fun and exciting. I have been able to have fun and workout at the same time. Balancing time for everything that comes your way is KEY! I am close to achieving my ideal weight at 135. I have lost close to 15 pounds already.

Will keep you guys posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment