Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 56: Phase 2 complete..Now let's Bring It

What a journey it has been so far. With phase 2 complete I am ready for phase 3. Time to push it to the limits! So far I have achieved my target weight of 135 lbs by losing close to 20 lbs as I am still looking to become more cut.

On Friday, Ryan, Kevin, Eric, and I went to "Breakout", a volunteer service to provide respite to parents who have children with Down's syndrome, Autism, and other disorders. It was quite a task and fun to keep the children busy. Playing freeze tag to jumping in the moon bounce was fun for the kids. The night ended with a movie for the children as the parents arrived at 10 pm to pick them up. Well, the night was still young, so we decided to head to Clarendon to get some protein at a Peruvian chicken restaurant. After inhaling half a pound of chicken with the guys, we decided to hang out until 1:00 am. Mind you I still needed to workout. Ryan stuck around to get me started for about 1/2 hour and left me to complete Core Synergistics. I was done around 2 am and headed straight to bed.

The next day, I slept in to recoup from the previous night. Stayed indoors most of the day as it was very hot outside. I accomplished to get some chores done around the house. Ryan came by later at 7 pm and we decided to get some grocery shopping done and tried to pick up a movie but Redbox was out of order. We went to Blockbuster and picked up "When the Day Stood Still" or something like that. I was dosing off during the movie as it was quite a bore. Well, again it was 1 am and I had to workout. I am not really sure why I didn't workout earlier besides the fact it was another hot day and I waited for it to cool down. Ryan this time waited until I put the DVD in before he left. I was by myself and kept going until my last drop of sweat hit the floor.

The next morning, I woke up and ate breakfast. Eric comes around 11:30, picks me up as we head to Ryan's place to have my Day 56 pictures to be taken. We took several round of pictures and I was happy to be able to compare my Day 28 and Day 56 pictures. Noticeable differences but hoping to take it to the next level at Phase 3. It is now or never!

So all of us decided to meet up with Eric's friends at Baja Fresh to have lunch. Following lunch we visited some more friends at the basketball courts. It was still another blistering hot day. As Ryan headed home, Eric and I went to Tyson's Mall. We just walked around and exchanged stories as it was time to head to Mclean Bible Church. Service was great as always!

Thankfully, today was a day of rest both biblically speaking and for my P90x exercise routine. I can't wait to get started on Phase 3. Muscle confusion here we come as I am ready to get my butt kicked! Thanks for all your support.

1 comment: