Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 71: Motivating others to eat right!

There is no doubt in my mind, I am a walking billboard for P90X. I have noticed over the past two months that not only have I been changing my life, but now the program has motivated me to share and give advice to others around me to eat healthier and exercise.

This past weekend it was fun helping Ryan pick out healthy foods from the P90X nutritional manual. He has finally made the "mental "decision to start eating judiciously and eventually incorporating various exercises to living a healthier lifestyle. Bravo!

We both sat down and listed all the foods he would eat from various categories ranging from Protein to Carbs which he could incorporate into his daily meals. After our extensive shopping list we headed over to Safeway. I finally noticed the strategic placement of carb-loaded foods when you walk in the store. I was in shock as I have entered the same door numerous times and it never crossed my mind. We live in a society where we try to fill our stomachs with the quickest and easiest foods available that obviously taste good, but due to convenience and instant gratification, our society is struggling with obesity.

Our first attempt to shop at Safeway failed as they were re-stocking all the shelves and everything was in shambles. We tried another Safeway but by the time we got there it was too late as we had to meet up with a group of friends for dinner and a movie. Luckily, I worked out during the day so I was able to enjoy the night and hangout with friends. We saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It was a good movie but for some reason had bad reviews?

The next day, I was able to do my laundry and clean my room, finally. It seems like there is never a weekend free. Another attempt was made with Ryan to go shopping. We went back to Safeway bypassing the carb aisle which Ryan was eyeing very closely:) ....lol We have been talking all week about getting his kitchen in order for him to start on Monday and we finally had all our shopping done. In with the good food and out with the bad as we surprised Ryan's roommates with all the healthy food we brought into the house.

It feels great to help Ryan and other like Pete, Chirag, etc... By no means do I claim to be a nutritional expert but I have laid the foundation for myself and hope to at least inspire and drive others to make healthier decisions.

Thanks for your support!

Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment