Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 65: Bringing P90X to the Family... Philly Style

This past weekend I was in Philly to attend a "meet and greet" of the two sides of the families as my brother is getting married in October. What an incredible surprise it was to see Litty's side of the family! I have been proud to say that I come from a big family consisting of close to 50 people and her side of the family was easily over 70. Take a look at a picture combining just a few of the youth present from both sides of the family and this is by no means everyone!






So after a wonderful meet and greet, I went to my parents house to rest as I was very tired. Around 5pm on Saturday, my cousins decide to come over and they bring over their gym clothes to workout. You must be wondering what that was all about. Somehow word got around about my P90X program (during my Easter weekend in Philly (See Day 42) and the results I have achieved thus far. So they wake me up and tell me to do my workout for the day so they can participate. Without hesitation I proceeded downstairs with my brother's laptop and DVD. There were four of us lined up in a row: Joby (cousin), Rekha (cousin) Charley (brother), and myself. Video coming soon if my brother sends it to me! So we get started and my cousin Joby drops out in 15 minutes and my brother in 30 minutes. So it is Rekha and I trucking through. The only other person that has survived a full P90X workout with me was Michael aka "Lock Dancer" from my small group bible study. As we workout, Tony Horton, (the trainer on the DVD) who likes to joke around tells us that we should keep going even though our muscles are burning and for us not to think about Twinkies! Well, my cousin who I won't mention her name goes upstairs to the kitchen and brings a pound cake and starts eating it while we were working out. I warned her this would go on the blog. With just 5 minutes to go Rekha has a second wind and completes the entire workout. Wow..the first female to workout with me and take it all the way. I was very impressed! She already has emailed me that she was very sore the next day and was having second thoughts about starting the program...lol I remember my first day with the program as my heart was pounding and I wasn't sure I made the right decision to start the program, but I am so happy that I continued.

Later, after our workout we all went upstairs and got some desert. Ice Cream, chocolate cake(my favorite) and whip cream to top it off. What a nice way to finish a workout. Just kidding...just seeing if you guys are awake. Three other family members stopped by and we all decided to go bowling and play pool. Somehow we all got in a conversation about eating healthy and exercising. Now three of my family members Rekha, Jiji and Gibson want to start P90X. Right now I am helping them get started as they buy the basic equipments and DVDs.

I have been really passionate about my health and exercise since I have started the P90x program. Results are proven to be true if you stay steadfast with the program and nutrition manual. The enthusiasm is starting to spread like wildfire and people are starting to gain interest. So far my friend Pete, Chirag, and some others have started the program.

There are others out there who want to do something about changing their lifestyle and I am here to give advice on food or exercise. My friend Ryan who I spoke to today wants to start changing his eating habits so this weekend I will be taking him shopping and showing him all the right foods to purchase as we throw away all his junk food!

Below are some bible verses that motivate and give me a strong will power to succeed!

Philippians 4:13

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (NIV)


Isaiah 40:31

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (NIV)


Thanks for your support..God bless

Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment